Why Choose Ace Training Platforms?
If you’re a licensed cosmetologist specializing as a Hairstylist, Manicurist, or Esthetician in the state of Ohio you’re required to obtain continuing education credits to renew your cosmetology license. As a cosmetologist, finding the time to take courses isn’t simple. Ace Training Platforms understands the need to have courses available that allow students to study at their own pace and time and from any location.
This 3-hour, standalone safety and infection control class provides continuing education for licensed cosmetologists on the topics of safety and infection control. Course content includes information on federal regulatory agencies, pathogens and the diseases they cause, infection prevention and control practices, standard and transmission-based precautions, such as barriers and use of personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning and disinfecting solutions for cosmetologists, and sanitation and disinfection strategies for preventing the spread of infectious disease to coworkers and clients.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- List the federal agencies that regulate the cosmetology industry and explain the difference between a federal agency and a state agency.
- Identify workplace hazards associated with cosmetology.
- Describe the standard safety practices salon professionals can employ to prevent injury or illness while at work.
- List the types of pathogenic microorganisms and describe their modes of transmission.
- Define the various types of microorganisms found within a salon shop setting and recall the diseases they cause.
- Describe the difference between cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, and sterilizing.
- Describe the responsibility of the salon worker to prevent the spread of infection through standard precautions and using appropriate, EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Recall the responsibilities of the employer and the rights of the employees under OSHA guidelines.
How to Renew Your Cosmetology License in Ohio
Enrolling in Ace Training Platforms Continuing Education classes is simple, and you’ll have direct access to all online courses 24 hours a day 7 days a week from any device: phone, tablet or computer. These courses focus on health, safety, sanitation and Ohio Administrative Laws and Rules.
Ace Training Platforms courses do feature tests or quizzes and you can complete them from any device simply by following along. Many students report finishing the complete course in under 3 hours! Upon completion of the course, you’ll be emailed your certificate and Ace Training Platforms will directly report your hours to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board . Ohio cosmetology license renewal online has never been so easy!
Continuing Education for Ohio Cosmetology License
If you’re searching for the right provider for continuing education courses within Cosmetology, contact the Ace Training Platforms support staff today so they can answer any of your questions, or get you set up for enrollment! We promise all of our students a hassle-free process and none of our courses will have any hidden fees.
Looking for more Course? Click here to view more.